Friday, April 6, 2012

Early Morning Zion Virgin River

Headed out early this morning to "The Grotto" in Zion National Park. I have been spending alot of time on the slickrock of East Zion, so I figure I better spend a morning in the Main Canyon. I didn't get up there 'til about 7:15 (thanks to the mandatory shuttles) but here is what I got.  
 Lady Mountain, just above Emerald Pool, is brightly lit by the early morning sun, with the blurred Virgin River as the foreground.
 A 0.8 sec. exposure of ripples with a reflection made for an interesting abstract.
 My prized piece of the day. Angels Landing beginning to glow from Zions early morning "indirect" sunlight. I have to be honest, the driftwood was place in the water by me, but, I thought it would fill in the bottom half of the picture really well.
 And now for my obsession with rounded river rock. I think the wife liked this picture more than me, but everyone likes something different. 
This one, I do like better! I love how the picture is "split in half" from river rock to water. 

3 comments:

  1. Tyler these just keep getting better and better. Loved these. Are you editing these or are they all straight from your camera? Keep doing what you are doing. You truly have a gift and eye for photography. I dream of taking pictures like these some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April! The only editing I am doing is slight cropping if it needs it. All the rest is straight out of the camera and its settings I have on it. I only shoot in Manual mode and use the Histogram for review to make sure I am getting the right exposure. Most of my water shots are at a 0.5 to 4 sec exposure. Still learning though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you remembered every pix, now I know. You don't take a notebook with you and document each pix you take (like we used to), and most likely don't have a photographic memory either, fantastic pix, can't wait to have some printed for me!

    ReplyDelete