Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lake Powell Country

Just got back from an amazing canyoneering trip in the Lake Powell Country. The trip consisted of 6 canyon descents in 4 days, and my butt got kicked. One of the best trips I have ever been on! Because of the technicality and tight ruggedness of the canyons, I did not take my camera on any of the descents, but I got a few "other" pictures of the area.
 Upper Ticaboo Canyon with Mount Ellsworth in the background.
 View down and arcoss Lower Ticaboo Canyon and other drainages. The land out here was so rugged, as if  God had beat it with a hammer. Absolutely beautiful country!
 Interesting clouds over the awesome landscape and Lake Powell.
 Viewing down into a slotted landscape with the canyon named "Fiddle Stick" in the background.
 Lake Powell and "The Dantes".
 A good friend, Kurt Sparenburg, studying the Upper Ticaboo Drainage.
Mount Ellsworth at sunset from where we had camp set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment