Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trying out Picasa with Zion Pictures

Well, I was recommended to download and do all of my photograph work through Picasa. So here I am, and some pictures I took today. Now with these pictures, they were all taken in RAW Format, still 100% in manual mode, but the camera only records what it sees, no extra color settings or anything. So the pictures are actually fairly "ugly" when they pull up on the screen. So there is some processing, which I am not a fan of, required in order to get an attractive picture. 
 Bridge Mountain, West Temple, and East Temple, blanketed by cloud cover. 
 Not too sure what this mountain is called (I am sure it has a name), but I thought it was one good lookin Butte!
 The drainage of the slickrock bowl which I hiked to today.
A black and white of the famous hoodoo located near Keyhole Canyon. I will have to get a colored picture, but I was thinking it looked better B&W with the cloud cover.

Tomorrow, I will have to post a series of pictures showing a JPEG created by the camera, an unprocessed RAW, and a processed RAW converted to JPEG. Just to show ya'll what that's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment