Monday, March 26, 2012

Different Day, Different Sunrise, Same Location

Woke up at 6:00 this morning to see that there was another chance at a good sunrise, So I headed back to Quail Lake (because of its close proximity) and set the camera up again. This morning, working on playing with filter adjustments and composition, and paying attention to how the colors change every second throughout the sunrise. I promise, I will get some pictures of of something else soon, but here is what I caught this morning...
 This picture was taken just before the sun was peeking over the mountain. Actually, the mountains behind me were beautifully illuminated, but I was still just barely out of the suns way. What I like about this picture are the suns rays and the way the rock at the bottom is framed in the reflection.
 This picture was taken a minute after the last one, and you can see how much the clouds changed in that time. The sun is barely peeking over the mountain but with the thicker clouds, it darkens the sky a little bit, but also brightens the rocks in the water.
With the Grad ND filter, the rocks on the water are very bright. This was about 10 minutes after the last picture, but it goes to show how much a scene can change in such a short time. I love how the bottom of the clouds still have a little pink in them too.

2 comments: