Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Zion Rock and Sand Textures

Today, I went out on a hike to the Upper Keyhole and White Pass area. Seeing that the wife and no one else were with me, I could hike and stop whenever I liked and didn't have to worry about Scarlet getting bored with the "stops and gos". Here are some pictures of the interesting textures of the rock and sand that I ran into today.
 One of the scenes that make Zion such a popular destination is the surreal looking layers in the sandstone. 
 I thought it was pretty cool how all these layers met at one single point. 
 I layer of moki marbles in the sandstone. If you look closely at the last picture, you can see these on the left side of the picture.
 If there is one thing the white rock in Zion does not have, its contrast! But once you get a few different sands mixed together after a good rainstorm, this is what you get.
I small lonely manzanita leaf sitting in the wet sands from yesterdays rain.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a spectacular outdoor getaway, consider Zion National Park, one of nature's most majestic and pristine places!

    Zions Park

    ReplyDelete