Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grafton Ghost Town

It has been a while since I have been out to Grafton, so with nice weather and beautiful skies, I decided to stop by. They have done a great job restoring the old brick and woodwork. They even had the gates and doors unlocked to the un-restored buildings, so I was able to go in and check the structures out!
 An old barn, in which I shot the picture below. Its amazing that these structures are still standing and look this good after so many years in the desert sun.
 The well kept wagon was stored in the barn in the above picture.
 The construction of the old barns built out of cottonwood logs. I liked this picture because of the texture and contrast.
They have done a really good job restoring both of these buildings. They have come a long way since I first went to Grafton in 2003. Both buildings are locked but you can get a good view through the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment