Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Fascinating Morning in Zion, March 29th

I made another trip to Zion this morning with one goal in mind, you will see what that was in the next post I do. In the mean while, these are some of the other pictures I took throughout the beautiful Zion morning.
 I got up almost too early, this is one of the pictures I got while waiting for the sun to rise to a perfect position.
 A normal seen in East Zion's slickrock country! The sky was so clear, and the sun was high by this time, but there is something about this picture that I like.
 A shot of the Virgin River and the Watchman (mountain close to center). Normally this picture is best in the evening right at sunset, but I couldn't pass up the cloud texture, clear river water, and the mid-morning lighting. 
 Some climbers scaling the vast sandstone wall on the east side of Angel's Landing. The style of rock climbing they are doing here is called "aid climbing".
 This is no doubt, one of the most interesting arches I have ever seen in Zion. It almost doesn't look real. Cant imagine it would last much longer if the general public knew how to access it.
A light mid-morning reflection on a calmer section of the Virgin River. I used a 12 Grad ND filter to equalize the sky and mountain's light with the ground and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment